LoveUFC: 1.) What got you into martial arts/fighting in the first place?
1. a bad child hood and lack of people skills . also I feel fighters are truely born cuz hell what person picks this for a job.
LoveUFC: 2.) How did you manage to get your unique nickname?
2. i was in the Navy and alot of my friends are black and I went to a black club with them and my friends said its like gorillas in the mist and you look like a fucking Vanilla gorilla and it stuck plus if ya ever lived with me its true that I throw alot of shit around
LoveUFC: 3.) What style of martial arts/fighting did you start with?
3. I started with Dad kicks my ass foo ,and TKD like every other kid.
LoveUFC: 4.) What kinds of things do you do to prepare for a fight? Training, diet, things like that?
4. well when my head is straight in the game I ussaly give a moth before to realy get ready, I always train when Iam not fighting anyway so a moth to sharpen the sword it involes alot but diet is all fresh food and protein and training is well hell you can buy the book I am written when it comes out!
LoveUFC: 5.) How does the Gorilla spend his relaxation time?
5. Well I dont know cuz I dont know what spare time is I think I live life very diff from the norm cuz I do things like step in the middle of dogfights just to see what happens ,I like to write poems ,yes poems WHAT! also I love to just hang at the Airport and people watch and fuck I dont know I use to draw maybe I should strat that agian and stay away from the beer store!
LoveUFC: 6.) What are some of the more interesting injuries you’ve gotten in training or a fight?
6. I got jumped in Norht Hollywood going to get my X-mass dinner (Jack In BOX) by 4 guys and I got a boot print on my skull that lasted a week so I fought with a boot print on my head next fight
LoveUFC: 7.) You’ve had an impressive run in 06 up to the Mayhem fight. Did you think he could choke you out, did you prepare for that at all?
7. He won fare and what ever but as far as training what is that? I did nothing for that fight I was beat before I got,well beat he was the better man but for two months beforefight I was the drunkest man and love struck man I did not train but for only 3 days! but he got me plain and simple
LoveUFC: 8.) After Mayhem, what will you do differently in training, if anything?
8. I think I will train ,yes thats the plan I know that when I and my mind get along I dont think there is anyone that can beat me anyone at 123lbs that is . honestly I know I made it this far on my great looks but I can scrap pretty good as well ! so I will go to a gym and find my team and I think I have now its in Hollywood and I will check it out first before i post what gym
LoveUFC: 9.) What’s next for our favorite Vanilla Gorilla? Is there a fight scheduled or are you gonna take a little break before the next one?
9. Hell no I fight in 3 weeks to defend my WEC belt so I will be doing some training this time and from now on I will not take money out of my wallet 2 times in row and not be able to help out my family . I will and have learned from this fight and its all about training thats my job and I will do it from now on!
LoveUFC: 10.) What differences are there that you’ve noticed between the WFA and the UFC?
10. the dif between UFC and WFA is the card/fighters I think WFA is about the fans not how many UFC T-shirts you can sell WFA You have fighters and people who care about fighting not how good we will look on spike TV. I think UFC is great but there need to be more big shows out there to keep them honest!
no worries thanks and want to say sorry for that last showing and I will not fuck you all over like that agian with a bullshit showing like that! the gorilla will keep swinging!
Thank you XiaolinFighter for interviewing Lodune for LoveUFC.